Arrived safely in Calgary after 8 hours of white knuckle driving, battling 45 km head winds with gusts up to 90 km. Clear and sunny but what a wind. Reminded me of the classic old folk song “They Call the Wind Maria”
I was planning to stop in the Shushwap on the way back to Vancouver but I have so much to think about, so much planning, proposal writing, research and writing to do that I am quite anxious to get started.
- AirBNB and Hostels will not work for the Mother of All Road Trips. Must find a decent winterized camper. Easier to explore at a leisurely pace, take time to photograph, film and interview. No need to unload and load gear at every overnight stop. Cheaper for food too with my own kitchen.
- Explore the online broadcast of set “Webisodes” for Definding Canada and see about sponsors for same. Need a prosumer camera and light/sound set up for this.
- Plan a route that allows at least a few weeks for each province.
- Research grants for writing, publishing and film production.
- Recover my French.
- Have the survey translated into French.
- Look into prices and best times for flights to Inuvik.
- Create a new Crowd Source Funding Campaign.
- Start writing the book “Definding Canada”
- Start digging into Stats Canada for historical info on Canadian demographics.
But for now, sleep.